The choice between the Apple MacBook Air and Apple MacBook Pro is always difficult, as both are powerful and efficient laptops when compared to other brands. Many thanks to the Apple team!
A billion individuals use Apple goods, which include iPhones, iPads, MacBook's, AirPods, and more. Users include students, entrepreneurs, institutions, businesses, IT organizations, and even large multinational corporations.
However, the point of concern is that how beneficial the product will be to you. How can the product help you to be more productive? Is it cost-effective?
Let's jump into the debate to see which model will benefit you the most: the Apple MacBook Pro or the Apple MacBook Air?
The Apple MacBook Pro is now available in the following lineups:
- 16-inch MacBook Pro (M1 Pro and M1 Max)
- MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1)
- MacBook Pro 14-inch (M1 Pro and M1 Max)
Apple's current MacBook Air lineup is as follows:
- MacBook Air 13-inch (M1):
There are three chips: M1, M1 Pro, and M1 Max:
- Apple's new M1 chip, which uses an arm-based design, has been the icing on the cake for Apple MacBooks.
- The M1 chip is the first system-on-a-chip designed by Apple (SoC). It includes a CPU, GPU, unified memory architecture (RAM), Neural engine, Secure Enclave, SSD controller, image signal, encode/decode engines, Thunderbolt controller, USB compatibility, and many other features.
- As a result, the M1 chip has outperformed earlier Intel chips in terms of speed and efficiency.
The processors M1 Pro and M1 Max are currently available:
- The M1 Pro contains a 16-core GPU, 32 GB of unified memory, a video encode engine, and memory bandwidth of up to 200 GB/s.
- The M1 Max contains a 32-core GPU, 64 GB of unified memory, two video encoding engines, and a memory bandwidth of 400 GB/s.
- The M1 Pro is a powerful chip that is ideal for professional workflows. For high-level graphic design, 3D modelling, and video editing, the M1 Max is superior.
- Let's go over all of the features of the Apple MacBook Air and Apple MacBook Pro in depth so that you can make an informed decision:
- The M1 MacBook Air and Pro have silver and Space Grey machined alluminium casings. It includes a small point on the front of the base that makes it easy to open the screen. The tapered-wedge design of the MacBook Air is unique.
- The new MacBook Pro features thin bezels and a Touch Bar for controlling the rows. The webcam has a notch on top of it. While the MacBook Air boasts a teardrop-shaped form and distinctive features including a gold colour choice that appears to be more appealing than the light and dark silver alternatives.
- Let's have a look at how portable it is. After the 3 pound 13-inch MacBook Pro, the MacBook Air is the lightest at 2.8 pounds. When comparing the 14-inch and 16-inch Macbook Pros, the 14-inch weighs 3.5 pounds less than the 4.7-pound 16-inch.
2. Thunderbolt ports:
- The MacBook Air only has two Thunderbolt 3 ports.There are two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports on the 13-inch MacBook Pro (M1 chip).
- Thunderbolt 4 ports, an HDMI port, an SD Card slot, and MagSafe charging are all available on the MacBook Pro 14-inch and 16-inch models.
3.Touch Bar and Keyboard:
- The Touch Bar is not available on the Apple MacBook Air, however it is available on the 13-inch MacBook Pro. The Touch Bar is replaced by a separate function row of physical keys on Apple MacBook Pro models (14-inch and 16-inch).
- The Magic Keyboard was designed by Apple to provide the user with excellent tactile performance and comfort.
4. Battery life:
- The battery on the M1 MacBook Air lasted 14 hours and 41 minutes, while the battery on the M1 Pro lasted even longer.
- However, in terms of battery life, the new MacBook Pro outperforms all previous models.
- Although both the Apple MacBook Air and MacBook Pro have superb stereo sound, the new MacBook Pro takes it to the next level.
- Six speakers and additional bass are included in the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro versions. It also has Dolby Atoms compatibility in the speakers.
6. Price and value:
- The MacBook Air costs $999, while the MacBook Pro costs $1299. The MacBook Pro costs more, but it comes with the M1 Pro processor, a 14-inch tiny LED display, a sharper 1080p webcam, and more ports.
- The 16-inch MacBook Pro is the most expensive, but it comes with the largest display and the longest battery life.
Which option do you prefer?
We tried to justify all of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro's features. MacBook's are designed to be used by anyone.
However, one should purchase in accordance with their demands and requirements. Its portability, pricing, and other aspects must all be considered.
In my opinion a college going student always find the gadgets which are pocket friendly, portable, good graphic supported and fast performer. So now it is totally on you which Apple MacBook you should buy?