The answer is dependent on 3 questions; how long the hardware will last? How long the battery still lasts after full charge? And is that MacBook or iMac able to update to latest software? People have a lot of queries while buying MacBook, but the most they’re confused about is how long will they last? So, how long will apple computers last?
Lifespan of MacBook Air:-
The Lifespan depends on how you use your MacBook air; I mean if you’re a heavy user or a light user:- usually a MacBook Air lasts longer than most Laptops if you’re just browsing, watching Netflix and just using it for web browsing only.
- Light User: If you only use your MacBook Air for online surfing and other non CPU-intensive applications, you may expect it to survive longer than 5-7 years.
- Heavy User: If you intend to use a MacBook Air for Photoshop, illustrator, animation, gaming, either as your primary computer while linked to a second display, consider it to last 5 years or fewer on average... A MacBook Pro could be a better option in this scenario.
Lifespan of MacBook Pro: -
A well-maintained MacBook Pro will last about 7.2 years on average, according to experts. Tasks that may be achievable with a MacBook Pro in a few years may not be possible with those built now. Because technology advances at such a rapid pace, this applies to any laptop brand. While Apple does an excellent job with macOS upgrades, there are certain to be a few glitches. The life expectancy of a Mac depends on how you use your MacBook Pro for and how you use it
- Heavy usage: With heavy use, your MacBook Pro should last 5-7 years. It may survive longer if you get the optional RAM and GPU card upgrades. Those that use their MacBook Pro for gaming, video, editing, animation, or other CPUintensive applications are commonly referred to as heavy users. Those who regard their MacBook to be their "workhorse" are considered heavy users.
- Medium usage: With reasonable use, a MacBook pro will last between 5-7 years. Medium usage can be defined as: everyday online browsing for work or study. Managing Google Sheets, CRM, and authoring papers, among other things they use their MacBook for low to moderate gaming, animation, and CPU-intensive work.
- Light usage: Many experts suggest that you may get away with 7-9 years of light use, such as surfing the web or performing simple chores.
Light usage is defined as using your MacBook Pro for less than 2.5 hours each session on three or more days per week. When you say "light use," it usually suggests that your primary attention is on browsing the web rather than gaming, video editing, or installing a slew of applications. This time frame is for users who do not use their MacBook Pro for any CPU-intensive activity, like as gaming or video editing.
Lifespan of iMac:
A normal iMac's lifespan might vary a little more than a laptop's, owing to the fact that it is moved considerably less and is less likely to be physically harmed. IMacs are much more upgradeable than MacBook.
Increasing RAM or upgrading to faster and bigger hard drives may extend the life of your iMac. Depending on how they're set up, iMacs may last anywhere from 7 to 8 years.
As a standard feature, most iMacs will include bigger hard drives. You may definitely add another 2 to 3 years if you simply use it for usual everyday activities like reading the web, writing e-mails, and Face Timing with family and friends.
However, if you use it for something that requires more processing power, such as video editing or high-level coding, it'll be difficult to extend its life.
Tips to make your MacBook last longer:
- Buy more Ram:
- The applications you use on your MacBook (from the operating system to third-party applications you install) tend to grow in size and consume more space as time goes on.
- When a result, as you try to save and load your data, your available storage capacity and RAM will become smaller and smaller.
- So, maximize your budget when purchasing a MacBook and selecting a laptop with much more storage capacity and RAM is an effective model to coming years it
- Use sleeve or a Bag:
- instead of choosing regular cheap sleeves, buy a good sleeve like Tucano sleeves for MacBook. (Add link Tucano sleeve from our website). They’re really stylish and are in really nice colors.
- Take care of your Adapter:
- the cable and adapter of your MacBook are delicate too. If the cable gets damaged, it can slower its charging speed, and in worst cases, breaks. And the adapter and cables are expensive too.
- Use Battery wisely:
- The batteries in MacBook is really good. If you utilize them properly, they may easily last five years or more.
- The key is to avoid draining your MacBook's battery unnecessarily, and to only use it when you're on the road or away from a power outlet.
- Keep the power adapter plugged in at all other times and allow the laptop to draw power straight from the socket.
- This method utilizes less battery, reduces the number of cycles, and, most significantly, maintains the battery's charge capacity
You'll have a long-lasting MacBook if you cultivate these behaviors. To get the most out of your MacBook, it all boils down to servicing it on a regular basis. Begin by properly setting up your MacBook from the beginning.
One thing you should do soon after you acquire your new Mac is make sure you have activated service and support coverage so you can access the warranty if something goes wrong.
For more details drop your query on: +91 9727270979.