Review of the New MacBook Pro M1
At a glance:
The MacBook Pro was released on November 10, 2020. Instead of Intel processors, the company is introducing its own M1 chip.
They released two other models, 14" and 16". Only the 13-inch MacBook has the touch bar keyboard. And it comes in 2 colours: silver and grey. In the box: a USB Type-C charging cable and a 61-watt adapter. It has two thunderbolts.
Why should you buy a MacBook Pro 13"?
The 13-inch MacBook Pro was one of the first Apple Macs to use Apple silicon, with dramatically better performance and battery life in the same MacBook Pro design that Apple has supplied since 2016. The M1 MacBook Pro, which was announced in November of 2020, is now over a year old.
Even though Apple released two new models of 14-inch and 16-inch, this 13-inch model is still a good option. The 14-inch model and 16-inch models come with M1 pro and M1 max by default, so comparatively, they’re more expensive than the 13-inch models, and they’re a good option for creative professions.
This new chip replaces the Intel chips that had previously powered Apple computers, ushering in a new age for Apple while also giving its laptops a breath of fresh air and reminding everyone what makes Apple goods so distinctive.
You might not notice the big update to the MacBook Pro 13-inch (M1, 2020) just by looking at it. Outside of the new CPU, it's nearly identical to the early 2020 model it's replacing.
And, despite the fact that the update is confined to the M1 processor, it has received a significant power bump. It's three times faster than comparable Windows laptops and is 2.8 times faster than the one it replaces. It also has a better battery life compared to older generations.
- The configuration of the base model is 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. And it can be configured with up to 16GB of RAM and a 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD. But figuring it out might take around four weeks.
- It also has a 16-core neural engine and an 8-core GPU. An eight-core CPU has four performance cores and four efficient cores. It has up to five times faster graphics than the last generation.
- An advanced neural engine that is up to 11 times faster than the last generation. Its battery life can last up to 20 hours. The MacBook Pro is incredibly quick and powerful thanks to the M1 processor.
- Its 8-core CPU swims through complicated workflows and demanding workloads at up to 2.8x quicker processing speeds than the previous generation, all while consuming less energy.
- A Neural Engine with 16 cores Smarts and speed are a match made in heaven. Video analysis, speech recognition, any other graphical processing, and other tasks benefit from task-smashing speed and automation thanks to machine learning (ML).
- The M1 processor, which includes a 16-core Neural Engine among several other technologies, pushes the MacBook Pro's machine learning capability to new heights.
- The MacBook Pro is still a very exciting release from Apple in 2020! Maybe because of the M1 chip.
- It has a very sleek and lean design, and it's for people who don’t like the plastic feel on their laptops. Because it feels rich! While using it, it provides quite a clean and flawless experience.
- It has a height of 1.56 cm (0.61 inches).
- 30.41 centimeters (11.97 inches)
- 8.36 inch (21.24 cm) depth
- *Weight: 1.4 kilograms
- 13" M1 Pro 512 8GB
- The MacBook Pro 13-inch comes with thermal efficiency active cooling technology, which keeps your MacBook Pro cooler even when you’re working for hours on it, plus it is very silent. While the MacBook Air comes without a fan,
- The M1 MacBook Pro has a retina display. So, what is a retina display? What makes a Retina display so unique?
- Apple developed the phrase "retina display," which simply implies that a screen's pixel density is so high that the naked human eye can't differentiate individual pixels at a typical viewing distance.
- It enhances the viewing experience by allowing the screen to display more depth and detail. At normal viewing distances, Retina screens generate extremely sharp pictures. The ordinary user will not notice any graininess.
- It has 500 nits of brightness, which is pretty good, and that means you’ll be able to work comfortably outside. And it has a true-tone effect, so the brightness is adjusted according to your environment. And my personal favorite.
- The Magic Keyboard allows you to complete tasks more quickly and easily. The Touch Bar places the most frequently used commands exactly where and when you need them, saving you time and keystrokes.
- Touch ID also allows for quick and easy authentication for safe logins. Just one touch and you're already logged in. The scissor mechanism is optimized to provide a responsive, pleasant, and silent typing experience. (The term "Scissor Mechanism" refers to the way the keys are attached to the keyboard, where two plastic pieces interlock in a scissor-like pattern.)
- The 13-inch MacBook still has the Touch Bar, though it has been removed from other MacBook's. The Touch Bar is a small OLED display that fits right where the function keys are supposed to be.
- It adjusts according to the brightness around it, as it has true tone. "What it shows" depends on what app you’re using. The Touch bar can work through taps, swipes, and other multi-touch gestures. It can support up to 10 finger touches at a time.
- The MacBook Pro features a huge Force Touch trackpad that is driven by a series of Force Sensors rather than traditional buttons, allowing users to push anywhere on the trackpad and obtain the same reaction.
Ideal for face-timing:
- The FaceTime HD camera can now use the latest image signal processor to improve image quality in video conferences and bring out more information in both shadows and highlights, thanks to M1.
- New studio-quality microphones will ensure that everyone hears you loud and clear, whether you're holding a meeting, presenting a podcast, or connecting with friends and family.
- Even your appearance is enhanced by the M1 chip. In low light, highlights have just never looked so much better.
- Dark elements are sharpened. Face recognition also makes use of the Neural Engine to improve white balance and exposure levels for even more lifelike skin tones. It has a three-microphone array, which makes your voice heard sharp and clear.
- When utilizing the trackpad, a Taptic Engine controlled by magnets offers tactile feedback, replacing the sense of pressing a physical button.
- The Force Touch trackpad enables both a light push, which acts as a conventional click, and a deeper press, and a "force click," which acts as a distinct action and can be used to perform things like provide meanings for a highlighted word.
- The M1 chip family is Apple’s own chips, introduced with the intention of stopping using Intel chips. It's their first silicon chip (SoC).
- The M1 family has 4 chips now: the M! Chip, M1 pro, M1 pro max, and M1 ultra. The M1 chip allows XCode to run 2.8 times faster than the previous generation. Photo works 2 times faster than the last generation.
- The M1 packs a lot of energy into a single chip, and it has a unified memory architecture that boosts speed and efficiency substantially. The M1 has up to 3.5x faster CPU speed, 6x faster GPU performance, and 15x faster machine learning than previous-generation Macs, all while providing up to 2x longer battery life.
- The M1 has up to 3.5x faster CPU speed, 6x faster GPU performance, and 15x faster machine learning than previous-generation Macs, all while providing up to 2x longer battery life.
Is the MacBook Pro 13-inch still worth buying in 2022?
Yes, absolutely. It has an M1 chip in it, which is still a better option than Intel chips. The MacBook Pro with M1 is one of the greatest computers you can purchase right now, with an incomparable combination of speed and resilience.
The best way to describe the MacBook Pro M1's performance is that it dissolves the boundaries that stand in your way of getting things done. It's almost as though the laptop is not even there.
Plus, it has a gigantic battery life. Even if you’re a heavy user (using apps like affinity photo, graphic design, 3D rendering, etc., which eat the battery), it will still last for 10 to 16 hours.