iPadOS 16 will be compatible with the following devices:
- iPad mini 5th generation
- 5th generation
- 6th generation
- 7th generation
- 8th generation
- iPad Air
- 3rd generation
- 4th generation
- iPad Pro
- 1st generation
- 2nd generation
- 3rd generation
- 4th generation
- 5th generation
iPadOS 16 beta version for the public is available from July & the official release timeframe will be around September 2022 for Apple iPad devices exclusively.
MORE ABOUT IPADOS 16:
iPadOS 16 will be the next-gen version of iPadOS which was unveiled by Apple at the June WWDC 22 event and will be released in September. New collaborative capabilities and upgrades to apps like Notes, Mail, and Messages will be there in iPadOS 16.
iPadOS 16 will also bring the “Weather” app on Apple iPads for the very first time and several ‘Tech-Pro’ features, such as a completely new multitasking experience, full external display support, display zoom, and much more.
Apart from all these features, there will be some UI (User Interface) refinements & bug fixes when the final update will be thrown by Apple later this year.
After the release of M1 chip-based devices, we know that integration across Apple devices has become even seamless & better. So, there will be even better support for desktop-based apps in iPadOS 16 than its predecessors.
Calendar, Contacts, Photos, and Mail are just a few examples of desktop-class apps that offer new features that are optimised for the iPad's display in addition to more advanced system elements and interactions. These features include a consistent undo and redo experience across the system, a redesigned find-and-replace experience, customizable toolbars, and more.
You have more options than ever with the iPadOS 16's strong new features. Share information and interact with important people. Your performance will improve. The system as a whole has more competent, customizable, and intuitive apps.
Several "pro" features in iPadOS 16 are exclusively available on iPad devices starting with the M1 chip. With its multiple overlapping windows and full support for external displays, Stage Manager introduces a new way to multitask.
Reference Mode enables the iPad to precisely match colour workflow requirements, Display Zoom offers more screen space, and virtual memory swap increases the amount of memory that is accessible to apps.
ALL NEW WEATHER APP:
With the introduction of the Weather app in iPadOS 16, users can now check the most recent weather reports and browse maps to monitor temperature, precipitation, UV rays and air quality levels.
Users may indeed check the air quality using a colour-coded scale or be alerted when a severe weather warning is issued in their location.
Now, tapping on any Weather panel will bring up more information. It is simpler to understand the temperature range and the weather conditions on an hourly basis by tapping on the main weekly or 10-day forecast, in that matter which brings up a more thorough prediction that allows you to see the temperature for each day on a graph view.
Desktop-class apps offer new features available on Mac that are optimised for the iPad's display, including a consistent undo and redo experience throughout the system, a redesigned find-and-replace experience, customisable toolbars, and more for a variety of Apple programmes.
- Sorting your contacts into lists will make it easier for you to discover them later. You can also send an email to the entire list at once. Finding all the details about contact is made simpler by Contacts, which searches for duplicate entries and merges them into single contact cards. You can also simply exchange contact information by copying or dragging contact cards to an email on your iPad.
- A single open and save panel makes it simpler to save files with related files and rename folders inline. Sortable columns enable file kinds to be located on the column headings.
- The sidebar displays all external drives and cloud storage companies in one place. Kudos to Apple's new Desktop-Class Apps framework, the Files app has been significantly improved in iPadOS 16 with the addition of more practical navigation buttons to find and skip up nested folders, easier access to common controls like duplicate and rename, the ability to change file extensions and view folder size, among other things.
- Other Apps & Features:
- Across apps; a search field constantly shows up in the same spot and size. Along with that, there is an instant search feature that displays results as you type.
- All of the system's apps, including Mail, Messages, Reminders, and Swift Playgrounds, support find and replace. Because the search area is located above the keyboard, it is simpler to locate, move, and change every instance of a term.
- Toolbars can be customized by users to show the buttons for their chosen programmed actions for quick access. It is now simpler to utilize operations like lookup, translate, and share, as well as app navigation, thanks to redesigned toolbar icons.
- Editing documents and files in applications like Pages and Numbers is simple, due to a context menu that displays typical actions like shutting, saving, and duplicating. Multiple things can be selected at once, and new context menus will show when you do.
- In Numbers, you can get inline autocomplete suggestions when designing tables, while Files, Photos, and Calendar all offer a uniform inline undo and redo experience. A visually appealing and intuitive design displays the mutual availability of invited participants when you create meetings in the Calendar.