The macOS Monterey is also known as macOS 12, which is a latest version pf Apple’s desktop operating system. It introduces powerful features designed to bring you closer to people who matter, get things done faster, and work seamlessly across all your devices. In this article, you will be able to know all about new macOS.
- Calls look more natural and sound even better with video and audio enhancements like Portrait mode and Voice Isolation.
- Invite your friends into a Facetime call using a link you can share anywhere. And for the first time, invite friends from Android or Windows devices to join a FaceTime call for their browser so now you can include everyone who matters to you.
- You can share and connect with friends in new ways over FaceTime. Listen to music or stream a TV show or movie completely in sync. Even share your screen or just an app window, so it’s easy to collaborate on projects.
- With Shared with you, articles, TV shows, photos, and other things that friends shared with you in Messages are displayed right in corresponding Mac apps – so they are even easier to find and enjoy at a time that is convenient for you. Messages also displays multiple photos as stacks that you can easily swipe through.
- Get more control over your browsing experience. Save your open tabs and pick them up later with Tab Groups. And Tab Groups sync across Mac, iPhone, and iPad, so you can browse from anywhere.
- Choose between the traditional tab design or the compact tab bar that distils the toolbar into its essential elements so you have more space to browse. And new privacy protections prevent trackers from using IP address to profile you.
- Choose a Focus and your mac will filter out notifications based on what you are doing, like working or reading, so you can stay on task. Signal your status in Messages and third-party communication apps, so others know not to interrupt while you are using Focus.
6. AirPlay to Mac:
- Share content from your iPhone or iPad straight to your Mac. Play, present and share just about anything- sketch with Apple Pencil on iPad as others follow along on Mac, play a game for everyone to see, or even use your Mac as an AirPlay speaker.
- Subscribe to iCloud+ to access everything you already love about iCloud plus great new features. Protect your internet privacy with iCloud Private Relay. Create unique, random emails, addresses with Hide My Email. And get expanded support for Home Kit secure Video recording.
- Enjoy a theatre like experience with spatial audio for Airpods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro, and Airpods Max, now compatible with Mac models with Apple M1 family of chips.
9. Apple ID:
- Reset your password with the help from your friends with Account Recovery Contacts. And with the Digital Legacy program, you can designate Legacy Contacts for your account if anything happens to you.
- Enjoy the biggest and most exciting Maps update ever. Discover the natural beauty of Earth with a new interactive globe.
- Explore San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and London in unprecedented, incredible detail with a new city experience. Find major improvements for transit, place cards, Guides and more.
Following Mac models are compatible with the new operating system:
- MacBook: Early 2016 and later
- MacBook Air: Early 2015 and later
- MackBook Pro: Early 2015 and later
- Mac mini: Late 2014 and later
- iMac: Late 2015 and later
- iMac Pro: 2017